8/23/09

Rattlesnake Scare

Now... most of you know that I am not a prissy girl. I'm not even a girly-girl for the most part. Yes, I like my hair done and I get my nails and toes done and I love clothes and shoes but that's pretty much the extent of it right? I wasn't a cheerleader, I don't go to balls and I am certainly no debutante.

I like living in the country. The simplicity of country life suits me fine. I like to take care of my family and my man. I don't mind so much having the extra chores that come with living in the country... for the most part.

Where I draw the line with the country life is when my four-year-old daughter steps OVER a rattlesnake... TWICE! This can remove at least ten years of your life instantly! I don't recommend trying it... you can just take my word on this one.

Praise GOD she wasn't struck, nor were the dogs that were bouncing over the blasted thing. It was stretched out on the steps in our back yard sunning apparently and wasn't to be bothered by anything. Except my shovel weilding husband and hoe weilding son. God was definitely watching out for my family last night.

So be warned all friends that live near me. We did have a rattlesnake in our back yard yesterday, it was a little one, only about 12" in length but where a baby is... Momma cant be too far away! *shudder* I can deal with snakes... just NOT rattlesnakes!

Thus ends todays public service announcement! Back to your regularly scheduled programming!

0 comments: